Last updated: 1 June 2019
- The following terms and conditions apply to all users (henceforth
also ‘you’) of the platform skilloverse.com and the services it
offers. The platform is operated by Modimido UG (limited liability)
(henceforth ‘Modimido’, ‘we’, or ‘us’), Angermünder Straße 21, 12305
if they have been expressly confirmed in writing by us.
- Modimido uses German as a contract language.
Note: this English
translation of our terms and conditions is provided for convenience.
In the case of discrepancy between this English version and the German version, the
German version is legally decisive.
Subject matter of the contract
Through skilloverse.com, Modimido offers a platform for business users
and freelancers to create professional relationships with one another.
The service is limited to establishing or enabling contact between
- Freelancers and business can, as users of our service, create
accounts with profiles. With a paid account or a trial account, users
may use the Skilloverse service and may connect with other users.
- Freelancer: a person using the Skilloverse service to find potential
clients for the services they offer as freelancers.
Business user: a person who represents a business or themselves and
uses the Skilloverse service to find freelancers offering digital
- Freelancers may create a profile and state the services they offer
and other information. It is possible to create a pseudonymised
profile. With a paid account or trial account, business users may
search for freelancers for their projects. Freelancers with a paid
account or trial account are shown in the candidate lists of the
projects. Business users can invite freelancers to chat and
freelancers can accept or reject these chat invitations. When a
freelancer accepts a chat invitation, a chat between the business user
and the freelancer is opened and, where it applies, the profiles of
both users are de-pseudonymised in the chat.
- As soon as contact between users takes place, skilloverse.com
assumes that the users responsibly agree whether, and on what terms, a
contract between them is concluded. Creating, managing and negotiating
contracts is not part of the service offered by skilloverse.com.
- Modimido reserves the right to expand the range of, modify, reduce
or discontinue the services offered by Skilloverse as long as users
are not unreasonably impaired by these changes.
- The Skilloverse service may be interrupted from time to time for
activities related to maintenance or security. Modimido assumes no
liability for issues beyond its control.
- The Skilloverse service can be accessed via a web browser with
most common web browsers, which are freely available on a variety of
devices. However, as these technologies are constantly changing, we
cannot guarantee that they will work in all cases.
Skilloverse is currently in a beta version; this is a version of
software in active development that, despite our efforts, may have
technical problems and performance problems. If you need a stable
experience, please use a more established platform.
If you encounter a technical problem with our software, please let us
know responsibly and email us at email@example.com!
- Users are obligated to provide some data that is required for the
delivery of the service through skilloverse.com. Specifically, this
means the following user data:
Other data is provided voluntarily for the purpose of optimizing one's
- Email address
- At least one profile field (otherwise, it is not possible to
determine your relevance to projects and other Skilloverse users)
- Full name
- Users are obligated to provide truthful information and to conduct
communication with each other professionally and appropriately for the
topic. This means that communication is either appropriate to finding
freelancers relevant to projects for business users or appropriate to
finding relevant work or clients as freelancers.
- Users are obligated to keep information up to date.
- Users are obligated to keep their credentials confidential.
- Users are obligated to treat any information received from other
users as confidential unless the source of the information explicitly
states otherwise. This also applies after the termination of this
- Users are obligated to comply with applicable legal requirements. In
particular, users assure that the services and products they offer and
request on skilloverse.com do not violate any laws. Further, users
assure that content they upload to skilloverse.com is free of
third-party rights. Users release Modimido from third-party claims for
content they upload.
- Violating these conditions can result in a user account being
temporarily deactivated or a user account being removed.
Conclusion of the contract
- The contract for the paid service between skilloverse.com and users
enters into force once users have registered and selected and
confirmed the period for which their profile is to be visible in the
candidate lists or for access to the candidate lists for projects, as
the case may be. Access to paid services is activated upon receipt of
the amount due.
- At the end of the period for which the user has paid, the profile
becomes inactive. For freelancers, this means that their profile is no
longer displayed as candidate for projects. For business users, this
means they are no longer be able to view candidates for their
Note on the right of revocation
- As a consumer, you have the right to revoke this contract within
fourteen days without giving any reason. The revocation period is
fourteen days from the date of the contract entering into force. In
order to exercise your right of revocation, you must inform us of your
decision to revoke this contract by means of a clear declaration (e.g.
a letter or e-mail sent by post).
- In order to respect the revocation period, it is sufficient that you
send the notice of the exercise of the right of revocation before the
expiry of the revocation period.
- If you revoke this contract, we will promptly refund all payments we
have received from you no later than fourteen days from the date on
which we received the notification of your revocation of this
contract. For this refund, we will use the same method of payment that
you used for the original transaction, unless you have expressly
agreed with us otherwise; under no circumstances will you be charged
fees for this repayment.
- If you have requested that the services be commenced during the
period of cancellation, you must pay us a reasonable amount equal to
the proportion of services, in comparison to the full service of the
contract, already provided to you at the time you inform us that you
are exercising the right of revocation with respect to this contract.
Payment for the service
- The prices at the time of payment are decisive. The prices are
available on the homepage.
- Modimido reserves the right to adjust prices. Price adjustments will
only take effect for future payments, so they will only affect new
users or users extending the duration of their contract.
- The contract ends at the end of the period chosen by users. The
users’ accounts, however, remain in the system so that paid
reactivation is possible at any time until users delete their account.
Early termination is only possible if skilloverse.com has a disruption
in performance that precludes the establishment of a professional
relationship with other users.
- Users may come to the conclusion that they are not satisfied with
the skilloverse.com service within the first 30 days of a paid
contract. If they do so, they can request a refund and they will be
refunded the amount paid for their current contract.
- Modimido is only liable for damages based on intent or gross
negligence on the part of Modimido's agents.
- To the extent permitted by law, Modimido’s liability is limited to
the amount a user paid for the Skilloverse service.
- Modimido is not liable for the completeness, legality, or accuracy
of the content published by users. Users are responsible and liable
for all content that they publish.
Place of jurisdiction
- The place of jurisdiction is Berlin. The responsible district court
is the district court of Tempelhof-Kreuzberg.
- Out-of-court dispute resolution is possible. See the EU's online
dispute resolution platform: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
Changes to the terms of the contract
- Modimido reserves the right to change these terms and will notify
users of these changes. If a user does not agree to the changes, they
can cancel their account within 4 weeks. After that, it is assumed
that the user has agreed to the updated terms.
- Should any provision of this contract be invalid, this does not
affect the remaining provisions.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please
Modimido UG (limited liability)
Angermünder Straße 21
Modimido UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Angermünder Str. 21